Insurance during work-related travels abroad

When travelling abroad on business, you must have an insurance card with you. You can contact your administrative contact to collect the card.



Kammarkollegiet insures all non-Swedish citizens staying at the Department. This goes for their family too if they bring one. The person is insured 24x7. When the person gets a civic number however, this insurance agreement ends. The person is then insured, like all Swedish citizens, through Försäkringskassan, and has the right to medical care.



All undergraduate students and postdoctors with scholarship are insured by a Gif-insurance by Kammarkollegiet. Most members of the EU also have their European health insurance card.

NOTE: Scholarship holders need to have a sickness and accident insurance, because they are only covered by the Kammarkollegiets personal injury insurance for students. This insurance only applies during scholarship-hours and travel between the home and the university.